It's a list of all the goals you want to achieve, dreams you want to fulfill and life experiences you desire to experience before you die.
Chances are you spend most of your time caught up in repetitive day-to-day activities and thoughts. Ever felt that your days are passing you by uneventfully and without fulfillment?
What did you accomplish in the past 3 months? 3 years? 30 years? What are your upcoming goals? If you die tomorrow, look at the things you did and what you plan to do next – Do they mean anything to you?
Having a bucket list reminds you of what’s really important! A bucket list plans ahead for all the highlights you want for YOUR whole life.
It's not a race against time. Your existence is NOT limited to just our physical years on earth. This physical lifespan is but a short jaunt in our timeless universal existence.
The bucket list helps you live life to the fullest. It's a reminder of all the things you want to achieve in your time here and gives you direction control towards things that matter instead of pointless activities.
Write down what comes to mind as you read these questions:
- What if you had A YEAR TO LIVE? What would you wish you could do before you die?
- What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
- Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What achievements do you want to have?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
- What are the most important things you can ever do?
- What would you like to say/do together with other people? People you love? Family? Friends?
- Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas: Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health (Your weight, Fitness level), Spiritual?
- What do you need to do to lead a life of the greatest meaning?
Come up with as many items as you can. If you get stuck, chances are you are mentally limiting yourself with "can't". Release those shackles – Your bucket list is meant to be a list of everything you want to achieve, do, see, feel and experience in your life. Check out the next section for added inspiration.
Some people don't need a bucket list that directs them where to go and what to do...so they create a “marvel list” – a list reminding them of the magic there is to be discovered on this planet and the what makes them feel most alive. All that truly matters, as the sun goes down on whatever temple-top you find yourself on, seems surprisingly simple: less list, more marvel.